Summer Data Workshops: Creating high quality graphics in R with ggplot2 Online
ggplot2 is a plotting package for R that makes it simple to create complex plots from data stored in a data frame. It provides a programmatic interface for specifying what variables to plot, how they are displayed, and general visual properties. Therefore, researchers only need minimal changes if the underlying data change or if they decide to change from a bar plot to a scatterplot. This helps in creating publication quality plots with minimal amounts of adjustments and tweaking.
In this lesson, participants will learn:
- What the components of a ggplot are
- How to create scatterplots, boxplots, and barplots
- How to change the aesthetics (ex. colour, transparency) of a plot
- How to create multiple plots at once
Participants should have basic familiarity with R. If you are completely new to R, please be sure to attend the Introduction to R workshop on June 22, 2021.
- Tuesday, July 6, 2021
- 1:00pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Middlebury Library - Online
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.